Is this normal after having filler in lips? (photos)

I had 1mil of filler in my lips.... majority if it in my top lip as it was quite abit thinner than the bottom. It's been 5 days now and it looks duck like....almost like it's sitting Iver my bottom and the volume seems to look all in the middle of my top lip.... it feels very hard. I was hoping for a more full lip all round not just the pouty bit in the middle if this makes sense.

Lip filler doesn't look natural

Thank you for asking about your lip filler.

Filler will tend to cause lip swelling for about 2 weeks.
That said, if a patient of mine had any concern, I would want to see her.
Contact the doctor who treated you - the filler may be concentrated in one place and need massage to smooth it out.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Upper lip filler

You can still have swelling at this point. I would give it a full weeks and make an appointment to see your doc then. Consider taking some arnica Montana 30x to help with the swelling. 

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Without examining you I cant be entirely sure but its completely normal to still be swollen at 5 days. If you are feeling something hard then there may be an issue with the filler which can still be resolved within a week of injection by massaging. Don't massage yourself however, make sure to see your injector to be examined before doing anything. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Lip Injections and Restylane

It appears as if too much product may have been placed centrally and has given you a "duck" look.  I recommend you consulting with a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in cosmetic injections to fix this for you.  Best, Dr. Green