My right nipple is deformed after gynecomastia surgery. What should I do? Please tell me this can grow back? (Photo)

I had bilateral gynocomastic excision surgery in Late Dec. 2015. I unfortunately ran into a complications when 24 hours later a very large hematoma developed under my right nipple. I went back a week later and it was removed without too much hassle. All was seemingly ok and I've taken it very easy but I just removed the bandaging (changing it every 4 days) to find that the sterrie-strips also came off. To my horror my right nipple seems to have fallen off & Is hanging only by a gooey thread.

Possible Post-Op Response to Excision

The excision technique is used on cases of gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. 

If you did have the excision technique it would be a good idea to take any concerns and worries directly to your surgeon for an examination to make sure that healing is progressing well. Sometimes it takes up to 18 months for scars to completely settle, and with incisions around the areola the nipples can definitely be affected by this. Hopefully you can find helpful answer with your surgeon. Good luck.