Natural look wanted. Round or anatomical? Under the muscle placement. (Photo)

I want to achieve a small C or full B, I like the look of 280-300 when I do the rice test but I don't want a augmented look. I like the look of the teardrop implant but I don't like the risk of rotation and how they are firmer. I prefer the movement and feel of the rounds but am afraid they will look fake on me. My surgeon suggested 290cc MM teardrops, or rounds 280-300cc mod profile. I have little breast tissue and wear a 34AA Or A bra, 173cm, 58kg.

Round or teardrop?

Thanks for your question!  Based on what you are explaining, my suggestion would be to choose a round smooth-walled implant.  With a submuscular placement, gel implants tend to look very natural.  With a 280-300cc implant, you are choosing a reasonable size to have a very natural augmentation.  Good luck!

Implants

Hi there
it seems to me that your surgeon has given you two very reasonable options.
it seems to me that you want the effect of the anatomical implants but without the risk of rotation and luckily for you there is a solution. The round GFX implants from NAGOR are under filled and very very soft so when in situ they feel great, very natural and due to gravity they fill the bottom part giving you an effect similar to the anatomical implsnts
good luck
all the best

Form stable or round implants

Thank you for your question.  I recommend the form stable behind the pec muscle for a natural look.  My patients are very happy with the result.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Implant Choice

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation and the implants you are thinking about will give you a very nice result without looking fake.  These types of implants do feel a little more firm but many many patients feel like the result is firm without a fake feeling. In other words, more like their breasts in the younger years before aging and pregnancy. 

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Round vs anatomic implants

As long as you stay under about 300 cc, you should have a nice result with either type of implant. The risk of rotation is low with the anatomic devices however, they do feel firmer to the touch. A well chosen round implant if placed under the muscle, can look quite natural. 265 or 286cc should be ok in your case.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Natural look wanted. Round or anatomical?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

Hopefully you are prepared to receive a variety of different answers;  both round and "anatomical" shaped breast implants may accomplish your goals. In my practice, I have the same concerns that you communicated; I utilize smooth round silicone gel  breast implants for most patients with your body type. 

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "full B, small C cup" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Which implant

From the look of your photographs and your desires I would have to agree with your surgeon's recommendation that and an MM  shaped implant would have the softest look without the abrupt transition of  a thin chest wall to a round implant. In my experience, especially when the implant is a little wider than it is tall, it would be very rare for this type of implant to undergo rotation. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation choices

Hi. Seems there are 2 questions: Placement - pre pectoral vs dual plane? And Anatomic vs rounds.

In your case with very little subcutaneous fat, you MUST have the implants placed in a dual plane. I don't think there would be any debate about this.
More contentious will be the decision between rounds and anatomics. Good studies have shown that when placed in a dual plane, one cannot discern round from anatomics by looking at results. An "MM" is moderate height and moderate projection, so it is almost round anyway! I would opt for rounds in you as there is nothing to be gained from using anatomics in you (in my opinion) and I think if your chest measurements are used as a basis for implant selection, you will have a lovely result. Good luck.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon