Muscle pain 16 weeks post op

I had fully tummy tuck and muscle repair almost 16 weeks ago is it normal for me to still have sore muscles e days arw worse than other but when it's bad I can't bare to have my stomach touched as it's really sore not so much when I'm moving or lifting but when they touched Thanks

Answers (3)

Muscle pain 16 weeks after tummy tuck surgery

Its not unusual to experience aches and pain after tummy tuck surgery particularly as you become more active and its normal for this to fluctuate depending on your level of activity.  Given that you should be back into your regular routine by now your aches and pains should be decreasing.  If you are concerned, arrange a review with your plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Muscle pain 16 weeks post op

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend you contact your plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Pain after a tummy tuck

At this point, I would see your plastic surgeon to make sure everything is okay.  However, it's common to have some soreness weeks to months after a tummy tuck especially when you get back into your normal routine, including exercise.

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.