MLD massage; surgeon recommends 2 within the first week. Can someone clarify please?

I'm booked in for high def Vaser on my upper/lower abs and flanks on Wednesday.... My question is regarding massages. I'm hearing contradictions on when I should book in for these. My surgeon recommends 2 within the first week and a further 3 sessions in my second week but I know some people will say I will be too tender in my first 7 days. Can someone clarify please? I want the best possible results so any advice will be really helpful. Thanks

Post Vaser care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

According to the British Association of Body Sculpting (BABS) guidelines on post-operative care following Vaser a minimum of 4-5 follow up sessions are recommended during first 6 weeks following operation and 3 of those have to be during first 2 weeks. 

Most doctors will want to see a patient for MLD and a review next day (after overnight stay as after most HD vaser overnight monitoring is recommended), 3 days, 1 week, then 2 weeks. Final check up is normally advised after 6 weeks to see a preliminary result and assess skin retraction , scars.

BABS study showed that slower recovering patients (for example those who develop seroma) will require additional 3 appointments for MLD and follow up treatments.

You will feel very sore and MLD or any manipulation will be uncomfortable but it helps you to restore your natural lymphatic drainage system (clogged up by surgical injury) as quickly as possible.SO you surgeons advise is based on those recommendations.

Getting Gorgeous Results

Lymphatic massage is extremely gentle and I recommend it to patients as part of our aftercare protocol after VASER procedures. I also recommend RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. If you have questions about aftercare protocols, consult your Dr. Best, Dr. Emer

MLD Massage After Vaser Lipo

Massage may benefit you following #vaser which is why is it often suggested following your procedure. It is also recommended to improve lumps or #swelling experienced among the surgical sites following #liposuction. If deemed beneficial, your doctor will recommend at your post-op follow-up appointments that you self-massage the surgical areas and how to do so properly to accelerate your #healing. Your doctor should confirm when you may begin #massage in your recovery. As for at-home do-it-yourself or spa methods, you should acquire your doctor's #permission before attempting such. At any time you have any questions, or, concerns pertaining to your post procedure healing, #recovery or final results of the surgery, it's best to contact your doctor or their medical staff and discuss details further.