MLD massage; surgeon recommends 2 within the first week. Can someone clarify please?

I'm booked in for high def Vaser on my upper/lower abs and flanks on Wednesday.... My question is regarding massages. I'm hearing contradictions on when I should book in for these. My surgeon recommends 2 within the first week and a further 3 sessions in my second week but I know some people will say I will be too tender in my first 7 days. Can someone clarify please? I want the best possible results so any advice will be really helpful. Thanks

Post Vaser care

According to the British Association of Body Sculpting (BABS) guidelines on post-operative care following Vaser a minimum of 4-5 follow up sessions are recommended during first 6 weeks following operation and 3 of those have to be during first 2 weeks. 

Most doctors will want to see a patient for MLD and a review next day (after overnight stay as after most HD vaser overnight monitoring is recommended), 3 days, 1 week, then 2 weeks. Final check up is normally advised after 6 weeks to see a preliminary result and assess skin retraction , scars.

BABS study showed that slower recovering patients (for example those who develop seroma) will require additional 3 appointments for MLD and follow up treatments.

You will feel very sore and MLD or any manipulation will be uncomfortable but it helps you to restore your natural lymphatic drainage system (clogged up by surgical injury) as quickly as possible.SO you surgeons advise is based on those recommendations.

Getting Gorgeous Results

Lymphatic massage is extremely gentle and I recommend it to patients as part of our aftercare protocol after VASER procedures. I also recommend RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. If you have questions about aftercare protocols, consult your Dr. Best, Dr. Emer