Have I lost or affected any hair grafts after playing football 11 days after a FUE hair transplant? (Photo)

I played football yesterday 11 days after having 3400 FUE grafts in Istanbul. Even though I tried to avoid it I ended up heading the ball a couple of times. My hair looks thinner today by the fringe and through the middle. I only played because I read that after 9 days the grafts are safely implanted in the scalp any impossible to remove. Have I lost or damaged any?

Football after hair transplant surgery

I can appreciate your love of sports, but try to avoid strenuous activity like this for at least 3 weeks following a hair transplant.  Chances are you are fine, but post op care is very important after this procedure.  Check in with your doctor and take it easy for a couple weeks!  Best of luck.

Worried about lost grafts after playing football

You should follow up with your doctor as soon as you can.  It's impossible to tell from your photos if you did any damage but it is very possible that you harmed your grafts if you headed the ball playing football. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Maybe you damaged the grafts, maybe you didn't. No way to tell other than wait to see how it grows.

Maybe you damaged the grafts, maybe you didn't. There is no way to tell other than wait to see how it grows. If the trauma was severe enough, it may have damaged the grafts.  If you are worried check back with your doctor for an examination.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

10 days following hair transplant and is worried if he lost grafts after playing football

If you are worried, then go see your doctor. Your doctor will tell you if you should worry. It looks ok to me from the pictures, but you are not in front of me so I can't be sure

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon