How long after finishing breastfeeding can I go for augmentation?

Breastfeeding and breast augmentation

It is recommended to wait for about six months after breastfeeding to make sure that your breasts have settled to normal size and shape. This would also reduce the chance of infection from milk ducts in your breasts.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast feeding

Most surgeons recommend waiting 4-6 months after ceasing breast feeding which allows adequate time for your breast to settle and less chance of infection from residual bacteria in milk ducts

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6-12 months after you finish breast feeding prior to undergoing elective surgery.  This will allow your body adequate time to heal and recover as well as your hormones to balance out.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

It will be in your best interests to wait 3 to 6 months after you have stopped breast-feeding, before undergoing any breast surgery.  Your chosen plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with more precise guidance after physical examination.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  In our practice we advise patients to have finished breast feeding for at least three months before scheduling a consultation.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD