Can I get my lips done on wednesday and my jaw (botox due to grinding) 2 days later? (Photo)

Hello I have booked an appointment for my lip augmentation on wednesday. (Picture attached, how much juvederm would you recommend for a natural looking lip?) I also suffer from severe tooth grinding & had botox in my masseter musle before & would like to do it again now. Could i get the botox done 2 days after? Thanks for your time!

Botox after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Yes, this should be fine. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Lips

It is absolutely fine to get your botox done two days later.  You could even do it in the same appointment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas; Botox for Masseter

You can get botox and fillers on the same day. I suggest going to an expert for treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can I get my lips done on wednesday and my jaw (botox due to grinding) 2 days later?

Botox and lip injections can be performed at the same time or spaced apart. It does not make any difference and one does not affect the other. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Botox

Thank you for your question miss_london_1988. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. For my patients I normally start with one syringe of Juvederm in the lips; this is a conservative amount and more can be added after the final results are seen. I routinely treat patients with Botox and Juvederm on the same day and I find no reason that one would not be able to have a Juvderm treatment for lip enhancement on one day and Botox for teeth grinding two days later. A small amount of Botox can also be used in the lower face in the DAO muscle; this will elevate the corners of the mouth by about 1 millimeter. Botox can also be used around the lips to provide a subtle pout. I find that such a Botox treatment complements a Juvederm treatment for lip augmentation for my patients. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Lip Augmentation and Botox for Teeth Grinding

Hi, and thanks for your question. From your pictures your lips look full and pretty. I would not recommend injecting with more than one syringe of Juvederm. In fact, if you were my patient, I would inject only half a syringe (we pre-split our syringes). As far as the Botox for grinding, there is no reason you can't do it on the same day as your lip injection. If you want to wait 2 days, no problem there either. Hope that helps.

Lip Filler and Masseter Botox

Dear Miss London, Yes, you can actually get lip filler and botox in the masseter done on the same day! Your lips are really pretty- I would recommend 1/2 syringe juvederm for a plumper fuller but natural look. Good luck! Best,

Dr. Morgan

Morgan Rabach, MD

Hello miss_london_1988 - Thanks for your question. Yes, you can definitely have your lips injected one day and Botox injected shortly thereafter. One doesn't really affect the safety of the other. Make sure you are utilizing the services of an expert injector to minimize complications and have the best chance of a beautiful outcome. A natural looking lip utilizes 0.5-1.0 cc's of filler material.  While the lips are an immediate outcome, the botox to the masseter muscle area may take a few injection sessions over 3-9 months to get the outcome you want.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Botox At The Same Time

Good news! No need for two separate office visits for the injections you desire. You can have both your Botox and Juvederm injected at the same office visit. Additionally, I would recommend seeing a dentist or orthodontist to treat your teeth grinding… It's best to treat the source of the problem, not just the symptoms or sequelae of the teeth grinding. Best of luck.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Lip injections with Botox

These 2 procedures can be done on the same day. There is no interaction. I would suggest filler in the lips, one syringe of an HA filler. I prefer Restylane Silk.

Steven F. Weiner, MD