Lips uneven after Juvederm smile. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had yesterday my lips done 1ml of juvaderm smile injected and now seeing that they are absolutely uneven. The right upper lip is bigger than the left one and in addition I have a deep wrinkle that also appeared after the injection. Please can someone tell me is this normal, especially that deep wrinkle? Thanks

Lips Injected and Uneven

You can't possibly assess the asymmetry now since it may just be swelling. I know it is difficult but it is best to wait a week or so to see the full effect before you attempt correction.  Best, Dr. Green

Lips uneven after Juvederm smile. Any suggestions?

Hello, and thank you very much for your question. In general, it is best to wait up to 2 weeks before making an assessment of your final result. Swelling following the Juvederm treatment can create the appearance of asymmetry. Once 2 weeks has passed and the final result is evident, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve any unwanted filler if necessary or additional product can be injected to even out your result. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Lip unevenness

Thank you for your question.  While I do agree there is some asymmetry it is best to wait a week or two for the swelling to resolve and then revaluate your lips.  If you are still unhappy this can be corrected either by dissolving filler material with hyaluronidase or injecting more volume with additional filler.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon