Lips look huge, did I put in too much Juvederm? (photos)

I had 1ml of juvederm ultra in my lips a month ago, it was huge for 7 days but I had maintained a nice lip shape. 4 days ago I got another 1ml put in mainly bottom and bit in top lip but now lips look HUGE and doesn't feel like it's going down. My lip shape doesn feel maintained its more long and sausage like and it feels hard when I press on it. Is this just all swelling will it reduce if I give it time? Or was a total of 2ml in 1 month just too much for me. Please help

Swelling after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

It takes at least two weeks for any bruising or swelling to subside after Juvederm injections for the lips.  If you are not happy with the result at that time, please return to your injector who can dissolve some of the Juvederm.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip filler- too much

Dear sky flyer,Thank you for your inquiry. Two syringes of juvederm is a lot for your lips. I think the first two photos look prettier than the last photo. There can still be swelling up to two weeks after the lip filler so you can wait it out. If you feel like your lips re too big I would recommend going to the doctor who injected them and getting a bit of hyluronidase in there to get them reduced.Hope this helps.Best,Dr. Rabach

Morgan Rabach, MD