Which liposuction technique/method is best to extract fat for fat transfer breast augmentation?

I was wondering which lipsuction techniques are most reliable to get the highest average amount of surviving fat cells, so that when a fat transfer breast augmentation procedure is done there's the best possibility to have a good amount of retained fat and volume. Also, on average how much fat usually survives with and without the use of brava?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat grafting to the breast

This was a heavy topic of discussion at a meeting I recently spoke at in South America.  All in all there are several effective ways to harvest and process fat.  There is are different thoughts about the re-injection of fat.I have gone away from using small cannula to re-inject fat to avoid uneven distribution of the fat because there may be instances where the fat doesn't travel smoothly through the syringe resulting in the injector using more force than is necessary at times.  This will lead to an unexpected larger injection of fat into a specific area.  This can lead to clumping and fat necrosis, cyst formation etc.I have varied my technique because of this.