Liposuction to hips abdomen and arm lift. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had an abdominoplasty in 2011 and been left with fatty lumps on my scar and hips I want liposuction been recommended a mini abdominoplasty I do not want this major surgery again I jus want liposuction am I being unrealistic I don't expect miracles jus don't want the fatty lumps as there obvious and my arms been told to lose more weight I diet and exercise daily I jus cannot shrink it anymore I've seen photos of people larger having the procedures I want but I now feel I'm too fat maybe I am

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the arms and excess skin can be removed during the procedure. Consult with a VASER Hi Definition expert to work with your personal goals and to give you the results you are seeking. Best, Dr. Emer

Tumescent Liposuction for Abdomen and Arms

Hi srgiann,
Thank you for your your question and photos.

You will want to do an in-person assessment with an experienced liposuction surgeon.

In my opinion, you would have a good result from tumescent liposuction using microcannulas for the fine tuning and finesse work of your lower abdomen and hips/waist. You will need to find a revision liposuction specialist as it is a more challenging procedure to fix irregularities, indentations, and scar tissue from a previous surgery.

The skin elasticity of your arms is important. You don't want loose, hanging skin once the fat is removed.Best of luck with your procedure!

Jeffrey A. Klein, MD
San Juan Capistrano Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction to hips abdomen and arm lift. Any suggestions?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.
  • Your photo suggests you do not need a mini-tummy tuck but liposuction and probably removal of additional side skin.
  • You can definitely have an arm lift now - but if you were to lose weight, you would have nicer result.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction of Flanks, Tummy plus Arm Lift

Hi. Thanks for the photos. Results will definitely get better with Liposuction of the flanks and tummy. It is not unrealistic for you to ask for since it can be settled. You will benefit from Arm Lift / Brachioplasty. Please watch the video link to understand the arm lift procedure.

The role of liposuction after tummy tuck

It is common to have some fullness and possibly skin excess on the hips after a tummy tuck.  Some patients will require a surgical removal of the excess skin and fat ( which can often be performed under local anesthesia) and some may just need some liposuction.  Liposuction of the arms can be tricky.  Removal of fat is relatively easy but there may be alot of excess skin in you don't have good elasticity.  This is where laser-assisted liposuction(Smartlipo) may be of significnat help and allow us to treat some patients who would not otherwise be candidates.

Samuel Beran, MD