If I have liposculpture and a Brazilian butt lift, would I be left with loose skin around my tummy area? (Photo)

I am 200lbs. Should I loose weight then consider liposculpture and BBL?

If I have liposculpture and a Brazilian butt lift, would I be left with loose skin around my tummy area?

You may have some loose skin after those procedures, but an exam would be better to evaluate you.

Brazilian but lift

Hello
You are absolutely right, if you only do liposuction your abdominal skin will hang.
If you want a totally flat abdomen, and those hourglass curves, you need liposuction of the back, waist and a tummytuck. It is always ideal to lose weight. Look for board certified plastic surgeon.

Regards

Mármol Shailyn MD

Shailyn Marmol, MD

BMI should be less than 30 before an elective surgery. I would recommend an in person consultation.  But based on the photo, you would probably be left with some loose skin.  Consider losing weight first. Good luck.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL & TT

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Firstly, i recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results and minimize your risk of running into any complications during surgery or post-operatively. If your BMI is higher than this, then you are considered to be in the obese range, so I would plan to lose the weight until you are in a healthy BMI range and therefore, can achieve optimal results. Based on your photos and cosmetic goals though, I think you would benefit from a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty and Brazilian butt lift once you have reached your goal weight. A Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting/applying pressure on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. It would be best for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and determine whether you are a good candidate for these procedures. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after liposuction

Based on your pictures you already have some skin laxity.

If you remove fat your skin will get looser to some degree.

This is true from either weight loss or liposuction.

You should definitely lose weight before considering any cosmetic procedure.

Most patients do best buy being at their ideal weight before even considering cosmetic surgery.

If you get to your ideal weight liposuction it may not be needed for the appropriate procedure for you.

Based on what you were trying to achieve, if you've had previous pregnancies you may want to consider an abdominoplasty.

For sure the best strategy is to have in person consultations with several board-certified plastic surgeon's to discuss your goals.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL and weight loss

Base on your photos I would recommend weight loss prior to any surgery. Being close to a BMI of 30 is best.  Consult in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon