Will lip filler benefit me ??? (photos)

I have thin flat lips and they always look dry and wrinkly no matter what i use. will lip fillers benefit me.I heard that not all people with thin lips are good candidates for lip fillers:people not showing their upper teeth when they open their mouth will have duck face like lips is that true since i dont show my upper teeth when i open my mouth and i have a quite long flat philtrum 17 mm and my upper lip looks rolled in. will i benefit from lip fillers. and will it make my philtrum look better

Will lip filler benefit me ???

Perlane® and Juvederm UP XC® are the current gold standard fillers for lip enhancement. For a large, "full lip" style, you may need 1-5cc of filler, which can be injected all at once, or on a few different office visits. As this is an advanced injection technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

Lip Filler Options

Thank you for your question, Nody. Lip fillers are certainly an option. Your health background and lip detail will indicate which fillers would fit you best. Fat injectables are great fillers because they are more permanent and leverage fat cells in living tissue to create a natural reaction and natural looking result. Keep in mind that lip surgeries are available as well, although, your desires seem most aligned with lip fillers. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, skill, care and treatment available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler

Hi Nody

Thank you for your question and photo.  More pictures would be helpful to see your lips at rest.  Lip filler will give you more fullness in the lips.  Swelling and  "the duck" look will be prominent for up to 2 weeks.  We usually tell our patients to wait a full 2 weeks for everything to settle.  It is best that you have an in person consultation with an experienced injector.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck

Best Lip Fillers for Augmentation

You are a great candidate for lip fillers but because your lips are thin I would caution you on not having them over-injected.  Please consider Restylane or Restylane Silk for your lip injections.  The philtrum could be made to look natural by using these products for your lip injections.  Please consult an experienced dermatologist for these fillers with a speciality in cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Filler

I do think it is worth giving a lip filler a try, only have a small amount to begin with to see if you like the results. If it is performed correctly it should not give you a "duck face". If you feel that your philtrum is too long, there is a minor surgical procedure called a lip lift which can shorten the philtrum and lift the lip. I would recommend having a consultation with a plastic surgeon who can determine what would give you the best cosmetic result.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon