Why are lines still present? (photos)

I'm in my 12 day of Botox settling ,but just above my rt brown at end ther is a few wee lines ,never had this before on 12 days ,I had my frown done ,& fore head ,& crows feet ,I got 5months I between my last treatment & 3-4 months previous ,should I have got it done on 4months to be ahead & get a better effect ?

12 days after botox

Thank you for your photographs and question.  My recommendation is that Botox is repeated in a 3 to 4 month time frame.  That being said, a touch up of Botox 12 days post procedure is an option should you wish to have less movement of facial muscles.  Best of luck.

Movement after Botox

It is not uncommon for patients to need a touch up treatment after a Botox injection.  We recommend our patients wait two weeks to allow for the Botox to take full effect.  If a patient still has movement at this point, we see them back in the office and administer additional Botox in the areas that are still moving.  The duration of Botox can vary between patients.  Three months tends to be the average but some people receive treatments more often.  I would suggest following up with your provider to determine if additional Botox is needed to meet your needs.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Lines after Botox

Thank you for your question!  Botox works by relaxing the muscles under the skin, which cause the fine lines and wrinkles.  Usually it takes 2 weeks for the full effect of the Botox.  We will usually see our patients back after 2 weeks to assure that the Botox treatment has worked as intended.  Some times a touch up may be needed, and I would discuss this with your injector.  I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question scotishlasssss1. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. It could take up to two weeks for full results, so patience is important. In our office we have patients return at that time to take after photographs. At this time more Botox can be placed in areas of concern as a touch up. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox effect

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You may simply need more Botox to get the look you desire. I suggest following up with your physician in order to determine whether you need a touch-up. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Frown Lines

Botox takes a good two weeks to take full effect. If you still have movement then go back to your injector and be assessed.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Continued lines after Botox

Thanks for your question. A couple of things may be happening. First off, you may just need a touch-up Botox treatment to reinforce what was already done. For some reason, sometimes Botox doesn't take the same way every time. If your muscles aren't moving and the lines are still there, you may have permanent creases from the action of your facial muscles over the years. Fillers can be helpful as can laser resurfacing treatments, depending on the location and what your goals are. Good luck!

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon