What lift procedure with what implants would I need to get a perfect perky full breast? (photos)

I have now been back to my original first chosen surgeon who advises something different to 5 months ago.. He advises a lift but I could get away with a donut lift something he doesn't like doing so he has refferd me to another surgeon. At 23 years old this is really confusing as I want the best outcome, being symmetrical and a perfect curve. I have attached wish boobs as well!

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:

1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger

A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:

1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced

I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:

1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified surgeon for an evaluation and to talk abuot what kind of lift  and implants is better for you and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Lift with aug

You appear to have grade I-II ptosis (drooping of the breasts).  First step is to lift the breast and nipple into the correct position, and afterwards placing an implant.  Without knowing your measurements, it's hard to say which type of lift you need - if more than a couple centimeters, a donut lift is tough to do and make it look good, and then usually requires a vertical scar.  Either at the same time as the lift, or as a 2nd stage, you would then likely need an implant.  Again, this depends on your measurements and exam. If you get an implant at the same time as a pexy, it usually requires a smaller implant, vs waiting allows for a bigger implant.  

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician