Am I better to leave Voluma under eye to disperse or dissolve with Vitrase? How long to return to normal?

Voluma Under Eye

Voluma is really not meant for the under eye area.  I would definitely return to your treating physician for Vitrase to dissolve the area.  You should look into Belotero or Restylane for the delicate area under your eye.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma under the eyes

Voluma is an excellent alternative to currently used fillers. We use it for restoring mid face volume in the cheek that had previously been difficult to enhance. We have seen great results lasting 12 months and more.
I would suggest you discuss your concern regarding your prior treatment with a dermatologist that has experience with Voluma. We do use it with other fillers used in different areas. We do not use under eyes so your lumps should be checked out by a doctor.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Vitrase to reverse Voluma

Thank you for your question. I would recommend Vitrase to reverse any undesirable effects of Voluma.  

Voluma under eye

Thank you for your question.  Voluma is a large particle hyaluronic acid filler that is not used under the eye in the tear troughs, are you sure this is what was injected?  Voluma can be dissolved with hyaluronidase, I believe i answered another question of yours where we discussed whether the bumps are due to filler or are possibly granulomas.  Very important to know the difference and know what you are treating.  Please follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for proper evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Dissolving Voluma Under Eyes

Voluma is typically not used in the tear trough area.  It's longevity is remarkable and the FDA has approved Allergan's claim of Voluma being effective for up to 2 years.  In my clinical practice, I have seen it last even longer.  

If if you are not pleased with the result of the Voluma injections, please return to your board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for further evaluation.  Sometimes he or she may be able to "mold" it to your satisfaction.  Otherwise, consider the use of hyaluronidase to dissolve the area bothering you. 

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon