Very large nostrils 11 months after closed septorhinoplasty (Photo) This was my post 3 weeks after my operation with pictures included. My issue was that my nostrils made me look very weird and now I'm 11 months post op and though most of the swelling has gone I still look like a dog with very large nostrils. I feel they have stretched because it was a closed procedure but my nostrils were never this big. And when I smile my nose widens. Thank you in advance for any help.

Very large nostrils 11 months post septorhinoplasty

Thank you very much for your query.

At 11 months, you would still have a bit of swelling left over. You need to wait the full 12 months before passing any judgements. I have seen changes take place in the nose between the 11 and 12 month post op periods. 

Kind regards,

Large nostrils post closed rhinoplasty

Dear Sheilan11,

thank you very much for sharing your pictures.

It is difficult to confirm a diagnosis only based on pictures: for what I can see there are at least two obvious reasons for the nostril to look large:
1) the width of the top needs to be reduced
2) the colummella is protruding too much

If this is correct you could correct this with a single procedure and without touching the nasal bridge if you are happy with it.

please make sure you have a consultation with a European/UK board certified plastic surgeon with a specialist interest in rhinoplasty.
Please feel free to come back to us for further advice any time you need.

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon