Is large amount of Pink discharge normal after 13 days post op? I've had BA and lift (Photos)

13 day post op I've had a large amount of fluid come out of my right breast. This was a replacement implant from my 1st op in march because i got an infection, implant removed. Spat deep layer stitches 4wks& fistula appeared 1day b4 op. This time no problems apart from a little swollen today it gushed with pink fluid. There is no pain. I was sent home with a drain for 5days&antibiotics because I was draining over 30 ml in 24hrs. Left breast was lifted too. No problems in either surgery.

Drainage after surgery

Your surgeon is in the best position to advise you.  Contact your surgeon to arrange a review.      

Drainage after surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast Drainage

With the photographs provided, it appears as if you may have a hematoma (blood) on the right side that is the cause of your drainage. I suggest you call your surgeon to discuss the issue. Good luck!

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Drainage

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon