Labiaplasty done 6 weeks ago. Clitoris is so painful, swollen and sensitive to touch. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had labiaplasty done 6 weeks ago. Is this normal? I don't want my clitoris to stay like this? Will it go down and be in hiding? Or will it stay exposed like this. I'm really worried. Does my trimming of the lips look even? I'm worried that one dude was trimmed more than the other?

My clitoris hurts after labiaplasty - is this normal?

Hello Syni,

There is mild asymmetry between the two labia, but this isn't top uncommon during the first post op week. It would have been more helpful had you posted current photos. There was work done on the hood, but most discomfort should be gone by 6 weeks. Too much labia may have been removed thus making your hood still look prominent, but this is hard to say from photos at 1 week postop.

I would recommend giving it more time, at least till you're 3 months postop - by then all discomfort should be gone. Be sure to follow-up with your surgeon.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Denver Urogynecologist

The clitoral hood is always more swollen & takes the longest to resolve after LP + hood reduction

Please upload proper photos (6 week pics) & we'll be happy to consult. If you are actually only 6 DAYS and you mis-spoke, then all looks "normal." The clitoral hood always is the last to heal; you will not ba able to appreciate approximate results until 5-6 weeks post-op, but it will take 3-4 months for true long-term results to be apparent.

Regards,

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Post the right photos for a relevant answer

If you have a question about the appearance of your labia six weeks after surgery, post photos of your labia taken six weeks after surgery. 

Sweeling after labia surgery

You appear to still have swelling at 6 weeks.  Follow all your doctor's instructions and wait 4-6 months for the final result. If the clitoral area is still prominent you may need a clitoral hood reduction.  Hang in there . best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty done 6 weeks ago. Clitoris is so painful, swollen and sensitive to touch. Is this normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Most of the uploaded pictures are listed as results during the first week of surgery and not your current results at 6 weeks.  I would recommend uploading a current image for the best advice as you should be near your long-term appearance.  The photographs you supplied demonstrate a healing labiaplasty without significant areas of concern but the soft tissue swelling of the tissues is masking your eventual outcome. Hope this helps.