Can Juvederm Smile be dissolved from mouth corner?

I had juvederm smile on mouth corner and inner corner of lip. I have tyndal!!. Bruising gone... went back to ask doc to dissolve he advised massage as it had only been one week and said hyaloronidase carried risks of reactions! It's now 2 weeks and looks same. Thought hyalaise was safe why is he saying this?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Juvederm can be reliably dissolved with hyaluronidase, of which there are various trade names such as Vitrase and Hylenex.  Hope this helps.

Dissolving Juvederm

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. Hylenex injections are safe, but like all procedures there is some risk. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Hylenex is perfectly safe

Hylenex is the recombinant human form of hyaluronidase. It has no reactions and is my preferred product. See video please. Other forms carry a very low risk of allergy. There seems to be a correlation to allergies to bee stings and these other forms.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hyaluronidase carries low risks and if you wish to have the Juvederm dissolved, it will dissolve the remaining filler on the corners of your lips and near your mouth.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Dissolving Juvederm

There is a very low risk to having a reaction to Hyaluronidase.  If you have Tyndall that will not go away with massage- the filler was injected to superficially.  It is best to have it removed.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm and hyaluronisase injection

Yes, all hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm can be reverse with hyaluronidase. In the USA, two most commonly used brand names are Hylenex and Vitrase. Hylenex is human recombination while Vitrase is derived from animals (sheep). Hylenex is less allergenic since it is derived from humans and not animal. The risk of the allergic reaction he is talking about can be significantly reduced by using Hylenex instead of Vitrase.