Lower jaw/under chin facial contouring? (Photo)

Hi, Over the years I have noticed that, from the side, the is no definition of my jaw line and the skin under my chin to my neck sags down. My chin also looks quite wide. Is there any procedures can be done for a more defined chin and jaw?

Lower jaw/under chin facial contouring?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

More defined chin and jawline

Thanks for the question.  You do have a few options for improving your neck and jawline definition based on the pictures provided.  Laser liposuction of the neck and jawline offers the best chance of improving your side profile and improving your jawline definition.  A chin implant would also improve your chin projection on side profile.  In most cases, I can do these two procedures together in the office under local anesthesia but consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon will determine the best course of action.

Jawline Enhancement

While you can improve your jawline, it is important to understand that you are not going to end up like the ideal photos you have provided. Those are very thin faces while yours is not. You will never get that amount of sharp detail in your jawline as your tissues are simply much thicker. However, neck/jawline liposuction combined with jaw angle implants and chin reshaping will help considerably.

Neck and chin impovement

It appears, based on your photos, that you may have several options to improve neck and chin contour. Conservative neck and jawline liposuction, chin implant or fillers are all to be considered. Clinical, in person evaluation by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon is necessary first step. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon