Is non invasive lipo more suitable to achieve a reduction of 2-3 inches off the waist than a surgical procedure?

I just want a smaller waist currently it measures at 29 and my dream would be to get down to a 27/26 inch waist. I have tried diet and exercise but my boobs get extremely saggy and I lose my bum! I have a consultation for i-LipoXcell and was wondering if this procedure could achieve this reduction.

Non invasive liposuction will remove 2-3 inches off your wallet but not your waist !

True liposuction under tumescent local will remove that 2-3 inches off your waist very easily and quickly. I don't recommend wasting money on non invasive lipo since most times it is only a waste of money and time and disappointment.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Greetings

Thank you for your question. the is UltraShape procedure but all these procedure does not have as much guarantee as does tumescent liposuction or Bodytite you need an examination for liposuction.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or office treatment

Thank you for asking about your waist reduction.
  • You need an examination for liposuction.
  • ILipoXcell is a combination of radiofrequency, laser and massage.
  • Like all office fat reduction, at most you will have a reduction of 20% of the fat -
  • This is not enough to achieve your goal.
  • Office treatments used to be cheap but now are as expensive as liposuction.
  • Don't waste you money.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction versus other procedures for guaranteed waist reduction

There are several good non-invasive fat reduction procedures such as UltraShape but all these procedures do not have as much guarantee as does tumescent liposuction or Bodytite.
Tumescent liposuction and BodyTite physically remove fat cells and you can see them out of your body during and at the end of the procedure. The non-invasive procedures shrink or disrupt fat cells and then the body removes the bat and/or cells resulting in reduced fat layer.The key is to have a thorough consultation and assessment with doctor experienced in both surgical and non-invasive procedures prior to undergoing any treatment.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko  

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Fat Reduction

Over the last couple of years, there are a lot of machines to target fat non-surgically. We are making headway and seeing some nice results with a lot of different devices. The original device was Cool Sculpting, but more recently there have been devices such as UltraShape, Liposonix and most recently SculpSure. These devices belong to a category of targeting fat by destroying the fat cells (Lipolysis) and sometimes also tightening tissue which can help with overall re-contouring, shrinking and many times cellulite reduction. When I see a patient for a consultation, I would ideally like to see if they are open to surgery. If they are, we will do a comprehensive evaluation to see if they are a candidate for surgery or non-surgical devices. For patients that really don’t want surgery, I do think they have to be careful. Many times a patient will go to a place and get specials and promotions and be sold on something instead of seeing if they truly are a qualified candidate. Even with patients that would like a non-surgical option, I go through a comprehensive body evaluation from their neck to their ankles and make an honest determination. Generally speaking, with a patient that has 1 or 2 stubborn areas that wants to avoid liposuction either because of cost or risks, I think that a non-surgical option can be a good option. I would caution a patient to be evaluated by a qualified surgeon, ideally a surgeon who also does liposuction. 

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon