Very low Inframammary incision, will my implants drop or will I need a revision and what type of implants should I switch to?

Hello I had 350 Hp inplants 5 weeks ago and my implants have yet to drop. They are still very high and quite far apart. My biggest concern is the incision. It is very visible and not in the breast fold. It seems that I still have the same breast fold as before the surgery. 

Thank you for your question and photo. It can take 3-4 months for the implants to drop. Once they do the breast should cover the incision. Follow up with your surgeon and ask if you can do breast implant displacement exercises and a Bando to help the implants drop. Don't think about revision until another 3-4 months have passed.

Very low Inframammary incision, will my implants drop?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation  surgery. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.   The vast majority of patients with your concerns at your stage in the recovery process, turn out to be much happier two to three months after the procedure was performed.  

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.