Do I have an infection at 5/6 months post op?

Recently my nose has started hurting by the columella+inside on the one side of the septum.When i got a torch and looked up there, it looks like the skin as been grazed off+ its very sore+although its not bleeding,its bright red. I've been wiping my nose alot. Could this be an infection?Will salt water spray help prevent it from becoming one? I am scared to see my surgeon because of how badly he is dealing with other problems, and also, he is 4 hours away from me. Its been like this for 1 month.

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your question.  Yes, you should definitely follow up with your surgeon to make sure everything is healing correctly, whatever issues your surgeon has been going through, he or she still is your surgeon and should be able to evaluate you in a professional matter.

Use proper hygiene when wiping or cleaning your nose, avoid using your fingers or hand. 

Best of Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain on the columella after rhinoplasty

Your wounds should have healed well by now. It would be best to visit your surgeon for  a check-up to make sure that everything is healing well. He / she will have the most detailed knowledge of what might be causing this problem. Feel better!