How can I improved my nose? 19 years old (photos)

At the bridge of my nose, there is a slight bump, well not a bump but its basically my nose is very projected & outward curved if that makes sense. It's not THAT noticeable but I can feel it when I press down. Also, the columella? of my nose is very low & my upper lip area is tiny (also my lips are very small, could doing something to the bottom of my nose maybe improve my lip in anyway?) I would like everything to be done as minimally invasively as possible. Grateful for any advice.

Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Apart from small convexity there is a bit of over projection of your nose which can be managed only by means of a rhinoplasty! This in turn may reduce the pulling effect on your upper lip !

Best wishes

Mr J Tahery 
Chester
UK

Manchester Otolaryngologist

Tension Nose with Tethered Upper Lip

Hi and thanks for your photos.  You have what is called a tension nose along with a tethered upper lip.  You would benefit from a reduction rhinoplasty to remove the bump on your bridge and to shorten your nose which would make your upper lip larger.  You also have  a hanging columella which would benefit from shortening your nose.  Your columella and nasal tip appear to be poorly supported and the rhinoplasty should be done to correct this.  Please make sure that you see a surgeon who is very experienced with rhinoplasty so that you get a great result.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I improved my nose? 19 years old

Hi, I have performed mnay Rhinoplasty surgeries over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your nose has a dorsal hump with a nasal tip that is a bit wide in combination with a weak chin.  Rhinoplasty can reduce the dorsal hump, thin and refine the bridge and tip creating a more feminine and naturally attractive nose.

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face appear shorter which de-emphasizes the shape and fullness of the lips.  Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.  I frequently perform Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation to create facial harmony and balance.

Hope this helps.

It would take a rhinoplasty. I'll show you some of the changes I recommend.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response here. I made a computer morph of one of your images, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible in truly expert hands.

Your nose is tall, with the columella pushing down, making your upper lip short in its vertical extent. I elevated the columella to lengthen your upper lip. I brought the tip of your nose back closer to your face, and then I lowered the bump on the bridge of the nose.

See if that makes your nose look more how you'd like it.

The changes wouldn't modify the size of your lips, but the nose draws attention away from them right now, and with a shorter nose, your lips might stand out more. You might be able to see that in the morph.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle. Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.
In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty for improvement of the nose

A closed rhinoplasty approach can address shaving down the dorsal hump and reducing the hanging columella. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow the bridge line. The tip can also be narrowed if the patient so desires. Also important to release the depressor septi ligament which pulls the tip down with smiling and animation. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below