Will implants project my breasts outward more? Or lift them slightly higher and give me a nice cleavage? (Photos)

On 18th May 2016 I had a mastopexy reduction and I'm due to have implants in 6 months, if I still want them. I believe round implants will give me the upper-pole fullness that I desire but will implants project my breasts outward more? Or lift them slightly higher and give me a nice cleavage? I am considering ultra high profile, round implants 360cc but I'm unsure about placement subglandular or submuscular?

Do breast implants provide projection?

Thank you for this question as many people ask about breast implants providing projection.

I do not think that the long-term effect of a round implant would raise the nipples unless the implants are very large, and I do not think that you would want this if you desire mainly upper pole fullness and a cleavage.

It is difficult to assess without a side or profile view of the breast, however.

Certainly a round implant would help to achieve the desired cleavage if its width and the projection are properly selected.

I do hope this helps.

Breast Implants after a Reduction

If you did not obtain the desired upper pole fullness you desired with a properly done breast reduction (which automatically includes a lift/mastopexy) implants will not achieve what you want. In fact they will only make any cosmetic problem worse. I would accept what you have or consider a further skin tightening and tissue suspension but would not expect any significant improvement.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Projection

Thank you for your message.

The best way of finding out how you are likely to look following a breast implant is with a 3-D scan.

This shows you a model of your bust and is programmed to suggest different size and shapes of implants that would suit your physique.

This is a free service we offer and if you feel you would like to consider this please feel free to schedule and appointment.

Will implants project my breasts outward more? Or lift them slightly higher and give me a nice cleavage?

Breast implants should give you more projection and fullness above the nipple areola however with time all breast implants tend to drop.  To create the full cleavage and lifted look a pushup bra or bikini top is always needed.  If you do decide to have breast implants the under the muscle location is much better for you as on top of the muscle implants will likely sag more.