Implant exchange, what size is best for me?

Hi, I am 5ft 6, 9st 3lbs, BMW 11.5cm, waist 28/29inch, hips 32/33inch. I currently have UHP, round, textured, Nagor, 345cc implants placed sub-muscular. Grade 4 capsular contracture on right, grade 3 on left. Prior 32A. This surgery i have decided to go with the brand Polytech meme (to help prevent cc again), round and UHP, struggling between 545cc Uhp/610 Uhp. Can a surgeon please give me their opinion based on the information I have provide to which size they would recommend for me? Thank you.

Be careful about choosing an implant with the right width

Hello Mrs_E, I agree that you would be best seeking an in person consultation for specific information on size, but judging from what you have said, I would say that both of the implants you have suggested sound too big for your frame.  It is always difficult to get cover over the implants and it is important to remember that the breast tissue that you had preoperatively (32A) is the same breast tissue that you have now, so it will be difficult to cover increasingly larger implants with your breast tissue.

The key dimension is the width of the implant compared with the width of your frame, and I would say that these implants are too wide for you, but as I say, you would be best having an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Look at the BAAPS and BAPRAS websites for a list of surgeons in your area.  Good luck.

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. 

Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.