I am 1 year post op and one of my breast haven't dropped correctly. Will I need a revision? (Photo)

I got 415cc natrelle silicone implants on 13th January 2015. I havnet seen my surgeon since then. I ended up leaving it too long (student and work full time) so I got scared to go incase they told me that I hadn't followed the aftercare and they weren't fixable. One breast is not flexible, it is tight underneath and painful to push upwards. There are gritty nodules under and around the scar- it feels like the implant can't fall into place because of this. Will I need a revision?

1 year post-op breast augmentation

Thank you for your question! Final results following a breast augmentation surgery are achieved at one year. From reviewing the photos you provided your breast does show characteristics of capsular contraction. That being said, I suggest following up with your board certified plastic surgeon to address this concern and discuss possible treatment options to correct it. Good luck!   

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Since you are one year postop, you should be at your final form. From your photograph, it seems possible that you may have a capsular contracture. This is usually considered fixable. You should see your plastic surgeon to work out a plan of action.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

1 year post op

Thank you  for your question. By one year post op, if you have issues with how your breasts have healed this would be a great time to contact your Plastic Surgeon and discuss a possible revision. An in-person exam will be required to determine the extent of your issues.

All the best

Asymmetry one year postop

Thanks for your question.  Usually by one year the implants have reached their final position so if you notice a difference it would be reasonable to discuss treatment options with your surgeon.

Thank you for your question and photos.  You will need to be evaluated in person to determine why your breast is still riding high.  One possibility is that you have developed a capsular contracture that can only be revised surgically.All the best,Dr. ResultsMiami, FL

One implant hasn't dropped

The implants will not drop much after one year.  Based on your description it sounds like you may have capsular contracture on the higher side.  I suggest you go visit your plastic surgeon as soon as you can, as a physical examination is the only way to know if this is the case. Don't be afraid to go visit, they  If it is capsular contracture, a revision can usually address the issue.  I hope this helps and best wishes. 

Capsule or muscle

Thank you for your question.Your left implant does look higher than your right and there are 2 main causes for this.  The first is a capsular contracture and the second is the muscle on that side holding it up. If you had your implants placed under the muscle and the left was higher from straight after the surgery the muscle is more likely to be the cause.As the other Surgeons have suggested I think it would be a good idea to see your original Surgeon to discuss the issues with them.Good luck.

Hi riding breast implants after augmentation

By now, your implants should have dropped. You appear to have a capsular contracture.I strongly recommend you follow up with your surgeon to discuss a revision all procedure.It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in breast augmentation. I wish you the best. Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

1 year post op

You appear to have a capsular contracture which is keeping that implant high and tight. You will need a revision to remove the scar tissue so best to see your operating surgeon to discuss revisionary procedures.

Breast Implant

Thank you for your question.My best advice would be to see your surgeon for an examination. You may need a revision, but you should discuss options with your surgeon.Best of luck.