Considering vaser lipo as I have put on a lot of weight over the years. Concerned I'm not suitable for the surgery? (Photos)

I am considering vaser lipo as I have put on a lot of weight over the years. I have only recently (2 weeks) started a regime of fitness again, however in my experience it has proven difficult to move unwanted fat. Please view my picture and give advice as to the probability of vaser being successful for myself and please comment on the possibility that I may have excess skin.

Vaser liposuction

Liposuction is not a weight loss measure. You appear to have visceral fat which cannot be reduced by liposuction. You would be encouraged to star an aggressive medically supervised nutritional change and increase your activity. I don't think you would be happy with the results of the liposuction in the long run.

Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering vaser lipo as I have put on a lot of weight over the years. Concerned I'm not suitable for the surgery?

Hello k13sway - If you can pinch 2cm of fatty tissue, you are a candidate for VASER liposuction if you are normally healthy. Liposuction of any kind should be limited to spot removal of fat in general.   You could shape your chest, abdomen, and love handles very nicely with VASER liposuction.  If your skin is in good condition, the chance of loose skin after lipo is quite low.  Make sure you work with a plastic surgeon who is very experienced in liposuction surgery.  Check out my video on how to find the right plastic surgeon.Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

Vaser liposuction will be very successful for your chest.  It is ideal there for the fibrous fat we usually encounter in the chest.  In regards to your abdomen, it depends on how much of the fat is accessible.  Vaser can only treat the fat that we can pinch, not the fat in your abdomen (visceral).  This type of fat requires weight loss.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

VASER liposuction to chest abdo and flanks

Thank you very much for sharing your questions and pictures.
I believe you are an excellent candidate for VASER liposuction in order to remove the excess of fat and achieve the strongest skin contracture.
I am sure you will not have any excess of skin on either chest or abdo.
You should referred to an high experienced plastic surgeon, with European or UK Board and clear interest in VASER liposuction.
I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.
With kind regards,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon