Breast Augmentation: I have teardrop implants have they moved as my breast look a funny shape (photo)

Possible Implant Rotation

It is quite hard to judge exactly what has happened with your left breast implant just by the photographs provided. I encourgae you to make a follow-up appointment with your board certified palstic surgeon for a proper evaulation. Good luck!

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation: I have teardrop implants have they moved as my breast look a funny shape

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, make your surgeon have a look at your breasts to see what happened, and if you would need another surgery. Implants can rotate, this is caused by where the implant is located and the way the pocket is made.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Has my teardrop moved?

Thanks for your question and the photos. It is hard to say without an examination but I suspect they have shifted. If teardrops don't stick internally they can rotate over time. I tend to favor round implants because if they rotate no one will know, let alone care. Silicone round implants take on a teardrop shape too. I am sorry you are having any concerns. I suspect there are some adjustments in your future. Please check in with your PS

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Shaped implants do rotate

Thanks for the photo and I'm sorry this has happened to you. I have a research paper being published which does show that about 27% of shaped implants to rotate although most of the time you can't tell that they have moved. With the way your breast looks, I recommend seeing your surgeon to get advice on what to do next. You may require an additional surgery to rotate the implant back into the correct orientation. Best of luck.

~Dr. Sieber

Tear drop implants and shifting

Thank you for your question and photos.

It is not possible for me to tell you for sure if the implants have moved without an in person exam but your appearance could certainly be from implant rotation.  Your plastic surgeon would be the best to examine you and determine the integrity and position of the implants.  I am sure they will have a mutual interest to ensure the best appearance for you and recommend a reasonable course of action.  It also doesn't hurt to see another board certified plastic surgeon following if you have any doubt on your plastic surgeon's advice.

Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Tear drop Implant

Hi there,

I think you are right.The implants have rotated or changed original position.For this very reason I hardly use this as my choice.

I stay with most of the times with round implants

I am sure some surgeon will fix it for you

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on the appearance of your breasts it does seem that your teardrop implants have rotated into an incorrect position.  Teardrop implants require precise implant pocket dissection to avoid this possible complication.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of treatment options. 

Implant Rotation

Thank you for your question and photos. It certainly appears as though your implants may have rotated internally. I recommend that you have a physical examination to verify this.

All the best

Breast augmentation

The left one does have a different shape. It is possible that the implant has shifted. I recommend that you go back to see your surgeon.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Tear Drop Implants Moving

Thank you for your pictures. I am not a fan of the shaped implants for this exact reason. If they move out of position, or were never in the correct position, you will require a revision surgery. These shaped implants do have a place in reconstructive breast surgery (breast cancer) but I think a smooth round cohesive gel implants is a safer implant for cosmetic breast surgery in almost all cases. The upper breast fullness that you were trying to avoid can be accomplished with good surgical technique and there is no real need for the tear drop implant. 

Joshua B. Hyman, MD