I would like to get surgery to reduce my nose and chin. (Photo)

I was hoping for a rough idea of cost of having both these procedures at once, and also based on my before and after picture of what I would hope to achieve wether or not this is realistic?

My advice

IMHO your nose is adequate, balanced and well proportionate to your face, and if any change is deemed necessary would be lowering a bit the nasolabial angle; notwithstanding my best advice is no-touch, not a nose deserving surgery.

The chin is slightly prominent, but also adequate and balanced with your face.

Think it over; I am a regular facial plastic surgeon with hundreds of faces, noses and chins operated on, and my best advice is leaving things as they are.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

I would like to get surgery to reduce my nose and chin.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin reduction for a more attractive and feminine face.

Rhinoplasty and chin reduction for a more attractive and feminine face. Your goals are appropriate and your expectation correct. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is very experienced with facial feminization. I would not go through the mouth as I make a 1 inch incision under the chin to remove and contour the bone vertically as well as the projection.

Rhinoplasty and chin reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative rhinoplasty.  In addition, you may reduce your chin prominence through an intraoral approach.  Cost varies by geographic region.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD