I've had stubborn fat for 12 years. I have exercised and strict diet but nothing has changed. How to get rid of the fat? (Photo)

I've had stubborn fat for 12 years. I have exercised and strict diet but nothing has changed. How to get rid of the fat?

Thanks for your photographs.  Despite your best efforts it appears that you do carry a lot of intra-abdominal fat that is not amenable to plastic surgery.  Only you can decide with your physician whether your girth warrants a procedure such as a gastric bypass or banding procedure.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Liposuction - Intra-abdominal fat?

Thank you for your question. You appear to have an excess amount of intra-abdominal fat. This is fat beneath your anterior abdominal wall and can be lost with a strict diet and exercise program. You may be a candidate for gastric bypass surgery. I suggest discussing this with your primary care physician. I hope this helps and good luck with your weight loss.

Liposuction - Intra-abdominal fat?

Stubborn fat that does not go away

Thank you for asking about your abdominal fat.

• Unfortunately, the bulk of your fat appears to be on your abdomen and located internally
  • This means it is around the liver and other organs and cannot be removed with any surgery.
  • If you are more than 100 pounds overweight, you might be a candidate for a gastric bypass.
  • If not, there is no option except weight loss.
  • Lots of exercise and counting calories so you eat no more than 1800 calories a day is the answer.
  • This usually means - no cakes, sweets of any kind, cokes, cookies, pies, pastry, ice cream, snacks, second servings; no alcohol and no other drinks of any kind with calories - just water, black tea and black coffee - with fresh vegetables and fruit at every meal, without any dressings. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Stubborn fat that does not go away

Stubborn fat

I would recommend a nutritionist and a trainer to assist you in your efforts. If your unable to have successful weight loss you may consider seeing a bariatric surgeon for consultation. 

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

Stubborn fat

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

Stubborn Fat

Unfortunately, much of your fat looks to be intra-abdominal and can only be treated with dieting and weight reduction.

You have some skin laxity and laxity of your abdominal wall.  If these are a problem, abdominoplasty can be considered.  This is best once you have achieved any weight loss.

A member of BAAPS should be able to counsel you for your concerns.

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Stubborn Fat

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon