I had rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago and keep getting a throbbing sensation to my nose?

It started to left side of my nose with a visible dent noticeable. And today the throbbing has moved to the centre of my nose and feels as if a bump is developing here to. Is this normal and what should I do. I feel if I go back to consultant there is not much he can do at this stage its just soo frustrating.

7 weeks post surgery

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Post op throbbing

It is not uncommon to be experience swelling, which can cause "throbbing", and discomfort at 7 weeks post op.  If it doesn't improve then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon, but it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year for your final results so be patient. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon