Follow-Up Question: 59 yr old who has 26 y/o silicone implants with a textured finished placed behind the chest wall. (photos)

I'm adding my photos to my recent question. Placed behind the chest wall via the axilla route. Looking for an explant surgeon in the UK somewhere near S Wales if poss. Seeking en block capsulectomy. Do not want an uplift and prepared to wait and see result after 9 mths to a year or so. Thanks for your interest :-)

You may need to travel to find an expert

This is a specialty operation which may require for you to travel.  Finding someone locally that specializes in en bloc capsulectomy is unlikely.For explant surgery, it is almost always best to remove the capsule in its entirety.  This will allow the space to heal.  If you leave the capsule in place, it does not heal.  Fluid can accumulate in the space.  The situation that brings the patient to implant removal will have an affect on the decision.  This is a surgery which requires discussion with the plastic surgeon about the problem, the goals, and the technical concerns.  The body does not re-absorb the capsule.  Revision surgery requires drains because the fluid is going to be generated when you operate on the scar capsule.  If you provide a mechanism for the fluid to be removed (i.e. drains), the risks are lower.  If the fluid accumulates because there were no drains, it will most certainly cause problems in the future.

Breast implant removal surgery concerns…

Thank you for the question and pictures. I think that you have a good plan; seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with breast surgery.  Although it is very predictable the breast lifting will be necessary, waiting to do the operation of a second stage will potentially improve safety and outcome of the procedure performed.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with