Recently had a mole removed. Is it okay to get another mole removed near to the scar of the old mole? (photos)

I recently had a large mole excised from my jawline 2 weeks ago which went well and healing nicely. I have another mole right next to where the previous mole was which I'm now thinking about having removed as well. I didn't have this mole removed at the time as I was anxious about the bigger mole and the wider scarring. Can I get it removed right away? Will it affect the other mole removal scarring? I would like it excised with stitches. Many thanks,

Let it Heal then Mole Removal

I recommend allowing the first mole to heal completely before having the second one removed. See an expert for minimal scarring. Best, Dr. Emer

Removal of mole near scar of other mole removal

Since the removal of the first mole on your jawline was only 2 weeks ago, I would not recommend having the mole next to it removed yet.  You should allow the first scar to heal fully before removing the second mole.  If you perform the second excision too soon, it could negatively affect the healing of the first scar.  I would recommend waiting at least 2 months and possibly longer if there are any issues with the healing of the first scar. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon