I have loose skin from previous lipo surgery. Am I better off getting a tummy tuck or do a round of lipo again? Thanks

Loose skin

Liposuction will not address loose abdominal skin. The tummy tuck will tighten abdominal muscle and loose skin. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and options.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - Need a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. It is impossible to provide specific advice without the a photo or physical examination. However, loose skin typically requires excision, not more liposuction. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures. Hope this helps.

Liposuction does not address loose skin.

Without seeing photos or examining you, it’s hard to say for sure what course of action is best for you. However, it’s important to understand the difference in how liposuction and a tummy tuck can and can’t improve body contours. Liposuction removes stubborn fat deposits, while a tummy tuck removes excess, sagging skin. With that said, which procedure is best for you will depend on your anatomy and what kind of improvement you hope to achieve. It sounds as if loose skin is your primary concern, so a tummy tuck may be the best option. Schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see which procedure is right for you. Best of luck to you. 

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon