I hate the bump and would love to have it removed to make it straight. Would Rhinoplasty change the shape of my nose? (photo)

How much would it cost? Would it drastically change the shape of my nose? would it affect the tip? I'm not sure if I would need to change any other part of it if the bump was removed. I hate my profile and would like to see what it would look like without the bump.

If you remove the hump, will your nose change? Its all perspective...

I think this is a fantastic question and one that requires carefull consideration. Like anything in Art, your facial profile is based on many different combinations of shapes, contours and perspectives. Think about those strange images where an artist uses perspective to make two lines look different colors when in fact they are the same color or two lines look different lengths when in fact they are the same...This is all due to perspective. 

Your nose is the same. An artistic surgeon can look at your nose and see, if I change the hump will it then alter the perspective and make the tip look big? Personally, its difficult to tell in these photo's but I would be concerned about that. 

I often tell patients that a good rhinoplasty is more than just removing a hump, its looking at the whole face. It would be a shame to trade a big bump for a big tip or a "long" appearing nose. 

What I tend to do here in Ottawa, Canada is use digital imaging. I adjust JUST the hump and you can see what it looks like in standard photographs. Its a great way to communicate our expectations. 

I hope this answer helps a bit and hopefully allows you to ask some questions when you meet with a surgeon over there in England! 

Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump removal

The dorsal nasal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shaved down to make the required changes. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will be required to close the open roof deformity created from the hump removal. Some minor tip surgery may be also necessary to balance the tip with the new bridge line. Computer imaging would also help you get an idea what can be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure. For more many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty Photo Gallery

I hate the bump and would love to have it removed to make it straight. Would Rhinoplasty change the shape of my nose?

Yes, the bump on your nose can be removed.  A rhinoplasty would refine and reduce the size of your nose to fit naturally with your face.

Hump Reduction Rhinoplasty

You should have computer imaging done to see what your nose would look like without the bump. That is the way you would know before actually doing the surgery. How it may affect the look of the tip is the key question. 

Candidate for a rhinoplasty - computer imaging very useful

Thanks for your question and posting of photographs.  You would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Computer imaging would be helpful as an educational tool.  

Bump on nose

Removing the bump is required to balance your profile and give you a more femine nose. To determine other modifications like the tip, digital imaging should be done at your consultation. Frequently tip and cartilage are changed slightly at the rhinoplaty operation.

Your nose

Dear,
reducing the hump on your nose, smoothing the dorsum and creating a softer contour are frequent goals of rhinoplasty surgery. In some cases the shape and position of the nasal tip may be altered, if this is requested. All your questions should be addressed and satisfactorily answered during your first consultation. 
Kind regards,
Holger Gassner,  MD, FACS

Holger Gassner, MD, FACS
Germany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump

Reducing the hump on your nose is straightforward and would be a very reasonable option for you. Other alterations would only be done if you desired them.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hating Nasal Bump

The bump can be removed with rhinoplasty surgery. During consultation you can and should discuss any other changes you want.

I hate the bump on my nose.How must it will cost?

Thanks for the question.Yes the hump should be removed and nothting much will alter with that.Here in Dubai with us we charge 6000 USD.
Wish you all the best