I had Juvederm injected in my top lip 10 days ago and don't see any difference?! (photos)

I had 0.5ml of Juvederm injected in my top lip 10 days ago in order to add volume, i loved them for the first 5 days or so but now they are exactly the same as they were before. Would it be worth getting more injected or should i not waste my money?

Looks great

You definitely had a good result.  The lips are much better shaped, look fuller and just a great result.  Notice how in the before pictures you can see the hills and valleys in the lip, but in the after pictures they have all gone away.  Thats because the lips are filled with more volume and have expanded out those valleys.  Like inflating a ballon until the wrinkles are gone.  If you really want more volume I would go back to your injector and in another week and ask for some more.  I would advise you to stay where you are though because I think they look great, and getting too much volume in the lips will look over done.

good luck

Juvederm

I see a nice enhancement to your lips.If you would like a fuller look I would suggest going back to see your physician/injector to have additional filler injected.

Hope this helps

Juvederm

Typically, right after a filler is done, you have swelling for a few days which can result in a fuller look. As the swelling subsides you will see the full effect of the filler. You may have gotten used to the swelling effect and not realized the difference in your lips.  Looking at the photos, there is definitely a difference in the fullness of the lips. If you wanted to add fullness, you can go back to you injector and get more. Be careful not to get used to the new fullness of your lips and keep adding more so as too look unnatural and overfilled.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Lip fullness after Juvederm

I see a more full upper lip in the postop pictures.  If you want more fullness that can be done.  I suggest you go back to your injector and participate in the decision as to the quantity to be used.  I do not like an abnormally full lip that looks weird.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Juvederm & Lips

Based on your photos, I think your results look great. Definite improvement. However, if you want more volume, see your surgeon about an additional injection. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Filler

The best person to help you is your treating physician. I suggest you see them in person or see another board certified surgeon or physician in your area. An in-person evaluation is needed to adequately evaluate your situation and options.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

I had Juvederm injected in my top lip 10 days ago and don't see any difference?!

Your before and after photos demonstrate improvement. If your ultimate goal is to have more volume then you can have more product injected.

Juvederm and Lips

Juvederm is a great product but you only had a small amount injected.  I can definitely see the results in the photo.  It sounds like you need to return to have produce product injected to get the desired results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lips

Actually, your top lip is a little fuller. Since the swelling has subsided, you may now not notice the difference. However, you can have more filler added if you wish.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon