I have a hole on my breast exposing the silicone protese. Any suggestions? (photos)

This hole was here for over 8 weeks , But know its sounds like are closing. its very smal and for sure are hiling so contrary of all the doctors i been visiting told me...that it wouldn't close... My question know is? Do I still need to remove the implants asp? or I can waiting until I am ready to have a breast assemetry revision.

I have a hole on my breast exposing the silicone protese. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question and photo, it is best to have the implants removed as soon as possible because you might be at a high risk of getting an infection.

If you have an exposed implant, you are a high risk for an infection. If the hole is not closed after 8 weeks, the implant may need to be removed now due to infection.  Please see you doctor today.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hole in breast

Since the opening seems to be closed,and you have no signs of infection, you do need need to have the implants removed now.  However, you will probably develop a scar capsule contracture, ( hardening), and that can be fixed at a later date,.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Something will need to be done

In general, an exposed implant, no matter how minimally so (without infection), needs to be replaced.   It is sometimes possible to replace the implant and close the wound without removing it and having to replace it in a delayed fashion.  Only a reputable and credentialed surgeon can answer that question, but in general, if there is no infection, this is an urgent but not emergent procedure.