I know it's early but I'm not too sure on my Tummy tuck results. (Photos)

Hello, I will be 4 weeks post op Wednesday coming. Every thing went well, I'm back to my normal self. No pain and tbh it was easier then the c sections I've had. Almost standing straight and no more medication. My binder seems too big now however I was tighter and flatter on the first few weeks and found it tight in the chest to cough etc. I had no brusing whatsoever although I was told I had some lipo. Still a bit swollen and tight when I wake. Fat and flabby and huge mons What do.i do

Tummy Tuck Results

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. Congratulations on your recent abdominoplasty procedure. At four-weeks post-op, it is important that you continue wearing a properly fitting compression garment. This will help to keep swelling at bay, as well as encourage proper healing. The healing after a tummy tuck can last for four to six months. As this diminishes, you will begin to see the final abdominoplasty results appear. If you have any further concerns, I recommend you contact your operating surgeon for additional advice.

I know it's early but I'm not too sure on my Tummy tuck results.

You are still early in your recovery period. It is normal to experience swelling and bruising for the first six months after your operation. It explains the enlarged regions of your lower abdomen. It is advisable to wait for at least six months to see your final results.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Wait for swelling to go down

You’re still swollen at this point, which is also why your upper pubic area appears “huge”. Please wait for at least 6 months before assessing your results.  

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery. Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Tummy Tuck

Hi- I think it is much too early to be concerned with the post op result because you are still very swollen.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon during the recovery period so he/she can help reinforce and address your concerns. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Concerns

I agree with you that 4 weeks is very early to make a comment. Allow the swelling to settle, buy another pressure garment if the old one is not doing the job! Once fully recovered discuss with your PS about Mons reduction and further liposuction to the flanks if still needed. Often you need more than one procedure.