I am dissapointed with my arm lift results. I would love a second opinion? (Photos)

I am 10 weeks to date from having an arm lift. after my post op checkup yesterday, my surgeoun said what I thought was swelling is actually fat pockets I am very disappointed with the results. he is reluctant to do lipo around the elbow because due to a nerve. I feel if he could not improve the whole shape equally he should have not taken so much fat and skin from the middle section of my arm as I am now left with fat pockets under my armpits and at my elbow and a concave shape to my arms

HI 1981laura,  Thank you for your history and pictures regarding an arm lift. I'm sorry you are disappointed with your armlift the results.  First of all, I would wait at least four more months before any decision is made.  You still have arm swelling.  Most arms edema or swelling should be gone at six months.  In the meantime, I would suggest arm compression.  The arm compression garment should extend from the armpit to the mid forearm. I would wear these arm garments for 24 hours a day for one month. Four months from now, I would reassess the arm swelling. If these areas still bother you,  I believe arm liposuction can be safely performed in the office.   I believe revision arm liposuction can be performed on all the areas you have circled. Specifically, I believe elbow liposuction around her elbow can be safely performed.  If you have any further questions regarding arm lift, arm reduction, brachioplasty, or arm lift revision, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.  

Hey don't despair!  First off- all of the post-op swelling needs to resolve and your skin needs to accommodate and stretch to its new position.  Then, after about six months from surgery you will likely need some revision lipo- most often which can be done in the office.  It will be fine in the end

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift - unhappy with the result at 10 weeks.

Thank you for asking about your arm lift result.

• I understand completely why you would be disappointed but -
  • The good news is that your surgery is still actively healing and will improve to some degree on its own.
  • After about six months, you will probably need a revision, probably done in the office.
  • A little liposuction and a little scar revision at both ends may be all that you need.
  • So hard as it is, be patient - time really will tell but it's too early to know.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm lift revision.

Thanks for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns.

Short answer is that I think you may be looking at some minor revisions in the future, but it is too soon to rush in.

The mid portion of the brachioplasty is tight  As is should be and will be relaxing over time making the differences smaller. Once relaxed you surgeon will have a better sense  of what needs to be adjusted.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift revision

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  Allow 6 months to pass for tissue to soften and everything to settle down before considering a revision.  Liposuction can be performed at those fatty pocket regions distally and proximally with possible additional excision.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Post Arm Lift

Did your surgeon feel that all the swelling had gone down? If so, I would suggest waiting at least 6 months before having a revision procedure performed. Perhaps the extra tissue could be removed in an office setting using local anesthesia. Best of luck.