I recently had a Coolsculpting treatment but I am concerned with the process. Any suggestions?

I have had a treatment in the past and a gel pad was used before attaching the coolsculpting head to the fat area, this time no gel pad was used and after the hour the skin didn't feel numb and cold as previously and it wasn't as red/purple as before and it didn't require any massage, is this a normal way of conducting the procedure?

No gel pad

The gel pad is definitely part of the protocol.  Speak to your practitioner about your concerns and if you don't see results, ask for re-treatment.

See your treating physician

I would voice your concerns with the physician who treated you. The device needs the gel pad to help hold the seal. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Proper Procedure

Coolsculpting in the abdominal area has to have the gel pad to hold it in place and protect the skin.  Did you have a different area performed? Please keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green