Concerned about my Breast Revision results, do I accept how they look or should I ask my surgeon to revise his work? (photos)

I have had to have breast implant revision after a year of having allergan 410, 295cc under the muscle. Unfortunately I had implant rotation and muscle distortion. My surgeon decided to use polytech Anotomical 445cc micro-polyurethane coated implants, saying that they were the most appropriate implant for my problem. 2 weeks after surgery I am not happy with the result. One is sitting higher. Is this because of my anatomy or has the implant been placed too high. Am I expecting too much?

Asymmetry - 2 weeks after surgery

It is too early to conclude your results. It usually takes six months or so for the bruising and swelling to decrease. Asymmetry caused by the swelling would be normal for the first few months as it is part of the healing process of your body. It is advisable to wait for six months before seeing your final results.

London Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell

At only two weeks after surgery, it is far too early to expect perfect symmetry. There will be lots of changes in settling of the implants, usually at different rates, over the next few months. Keep in close contact with your operating plastic surgeon who can advise you on your postoperative course. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Too early to be concerned or evaluate the outcome of procedure performed…

At this point, two weeks of revisionary breast surgery,  I would advise: patience (and close follow up with your plastic surgeon).  As you likely know, it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed;  changes can be expected over the course of the next several months. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

Hi,

You have several issues that should be addressed.  Your doctor tried to get away with an augment only and the results are an asymmetric double-bubble shape.   For the correction, you will need a breast lift to compress the breast tissue over the implant.  Your left nipple is lower than your right (it might be reverse if the pic is taken in the mirror).  The asymmetry needs to be approached too.  You might not have wanted the excess scar for the breast lift but without it, there is no easy solution.  A donut pexy would be great here with the incision hiding nicely.  

Talk to your doctor about the various options you should know.  Get over the hump of the incisions or you will be doing things that will bring you back to your same presentation.

Good luck with it all.