I am a candidate for buccal fat removal? (photos)

I am slim and in my late twenties but I've had chipmunk cheeks all my life. I've been considering buccal fat reduction to reduce the heaviness of my middle face - which runs in the family - but I'm concerned as I've heard negative things about the operation. Am I a suitable candidate??

Buccal fat reduction

Thank you for your pictures and your question! Buccal fat reduction needs to be carefully done - the problems arise when doctors are overly aggressive and remove too much leading to a gaunt and sunken look, or when patients have unrealistic expectations.  Buccal fat surgery will improve the contour of your cheeks and improve the shape of your mid and lower face - returning a youthful and attractive "heart shape" to it. Provided you understand what it can and can't do, you would certainly do well with it.  That being said, the only way to truly know how much fat is in the buccal space is during a formal consultation - at which point your doc would have a better idea of expected outcomes.  I hope some of this helps! Best of luck - you will do great.  

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon