I had my breast enlargement 1 1/2 years ago and have just started getting rippling?

i measured an AA before having the surgery. I had 250cc in both breast and they looked fine but i have just noticed rippling in both breast. I have gained weight since the op rather than loosing any, what can be done to rectify this??

I had my breast enlargement 1 1/2 years ago and have just started getting rippling

The only solution to the problem is to have them switched out for a form stable implant made out of silicone. The rippling will be corrected but the feel will be much firmer.Just using a new silicone type implant will not be enough

Greetinhgs

Thank you for your question, ripping is common in after Breast Augmentation. Your breast implants might be placed on top of the muscle meaning a revision would be the best solution using smooth round silicone gel implants placed under the chest muscle.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rippling is usually caused by saline breast implants or when textured breast implants for management adhesive scar.  It is most common for rippling to occur later at least a year after breast augmentation.

If your breast implants were placed on top of the muscle a revision using smooth round silicone gel implants placed under the chest muscle may be an alternative for you.  It is most important to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for advice and do not rely on Internet advice.

RIPPLING

Rippling is a common sequela following breast augmentation.  More information about your procedure and photos would be helpful.  What type of imlants do you have and where are they placed are 2 of the questions  that need to be answered.  Fat transfer may be an option to improve the rippling.  I would consult with your surgeon.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon