I had my boobs enhanced 10months ago. Stabbing pain in one side of one boob?

I had my boobs enhanced 10months ago I've recently been getting a painful like stabbing pain in 1 side of 1 of my boobs on & off for quite a few days now is this normal?

10 Months Post Op

Regarding a sudden, new problem or concern I suggest that you contact your Plastic Surgeon or visit your primary care physician for assessment.
All the best

Pain

Hello, if you have any concern, I would make an appointment to see your PS for an evaluation. However, if you can't see your PS now, conservative measures would be ibuprofen, gentle massage, and warm heating pad. If compete resolution of the pain did not occur after a week or two, you would need to see your PS sooner than later. Good Luck. 

Pain after surgery

Thank you for your question.At 10 months, you should be pretty much back to normal. My question is have you started any new workouts or been using that side more than normal? When you look in the mirror, do the implants look the same from side to side? I would contact your surgeon and have them do an in person evaluation to be completely sure nothing concerning is going on. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Pain in breast 10 months after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.The pain could represent a few different things.  This could represent a simple muscle strain that should go away with time.   No one wants to give you more worry but it  could also represent many other things that would be impossible to determine without an exam such as scar tissue tightening (capsular contracture), nerve irritation, implant rupture, or a primary breast process.  It is best to make a follow up appointment with your plastic surgeon and after evaluating you there will likely be an explanation to the pain.Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Breast augmentation - stabbing pain after 10 months

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • You should return to see your plastic surgeon.
  • Your pain is not normal - that does not mean the problem is serious necessarily.
  • The cause of the pain could be an early capsular contracture -
  • Or it could be that you have been exercising in a way that pulled a muscle or many other causes.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Breast implants are not supposed to cause stabbing pain

The best course of action is to visit your original PS.  Take note that breast implants are not supposed to cause stabbing pain or significant discomfort lasting for several days. 
I hope that helps and good luck. 

Follow up with your surgeon

Any sudden change in your breasts that does not resolve in a few days warrants a examination by your surgeon.  Your symptoms most likely will not alter your results but sometimes it may signal early phase of CC.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

10 months post breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Without imaging and without seeing you in person it's difficult to determine what exactly is going on. I would advise contacting your plastic surgeon to notify him of your concerns. Best of luck.