I was badly burnt and now I have hair loss. Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant? (Photo)

Can I have hair transplanted?How long would I have to weight. Will it ever grow back.I am female Bioracial hair slightly wooly,happened 3 mths ago.

I was badly burnt and now I have hair loss. Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant?

Greetings
Thank you for photo and question, Hair Transplant can cover/ hide burned scares, you will have to consult a hair transplant surgeon for exaimination. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant can sometimes help hide scars and burned tissue. However you would need to see a doctor for a proper examinatio

Hair transplant can sometimes help hide scars and burned tissue. However you would need to see a doctor for a proper examination to make sure surgery may be right for your particular case.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant Can Hide Burnt Scalp with Hair Loss

Yes, hair transplant can help cover the burnt scalp with hair loss provided your donor area still have enough hair roots to be harvested. You needed to be examined by a hair transplant surgeon in person in order to determine how extensive your hair loss is and how if your donor area still have enough hair to be harvested.

John Diep, MD
Los Gatos Hair Restoration Surgeon

Burn to forehead

Your burn is very recent and as such, I can not tell you what it is going to look like until the healing is complete. At that time, you should see a plastic surgeon to let you know what will be your next step. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant and burns

So sorry to hear about your burns and hope that your recovery is expedited and your spirits are kept high. 

It's though to see on the pictures, but part of the answer would depend on how much donor region you have.  In areas that have been scarred, vascularity is less and the yield of the transplant would be a bit less.  Basically we would need to see if your available donor region can supply the areas that you would like restored to your density expectations.  

However based on the pictures, and considering how young the wounds still are, it appears as if your follicles have not been completely destroyed.  An option to consider is use of PRP for multiple reasons, one of which being skin repair of your scalp and follicular rejuvenation that comes along with the therapy.  

Furthermore another options for you that might serve multiple purposes could be the use of concomitant adipocyte and mesenchymal stem cells along with PRP to rejuvanate your skin/scalp.  If it does this do a great degree, there is potential for some follicles to return. 

It is still very early and I would recommend you allow your healing to continue as you look at restorative options. 

Wish you the best, 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician