I accidentally pinched my brow where my botox was injected after 3 days. Am I safe?

Botox after Three Days

You don't have to worry three days after your Botox injections.  By now, the Botox should be very stable and there should be no side effects.

Botox will not likely move 3 days after injection.

We understand your concern about shifting your Botox to an adjacent area.  If that were to occur, you might have unwanted facial muscle weakness, but there should be no risk to your health or safety.  During the passage of 3 days, your Botox drug would have worked its way into your tissues just where your plastic surgeon placed it.  There should be little chance of it shifting at 3 days post-procedure.  On the other hand, if you begin to notice any unusual motion, simply contact your physician for additional information and re-evaluation.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Botox after 3 days

Hello Javra,

Botox can spread for about four hours after your injection.  You are find to do anything you would like four hours post treatment.  We tell our patients to avoid exercise or laying down right after treatment. 

I hope you find this helpful.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Michael J. Brown, MD, PLLC

Botox

You should be fine.If you see any adverse effects please contact your injector.

Hope this helps!

Botox

Botox has already been adsorbed into the targeted muscle within 48 hours of injecting. You are safe. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Accidental pinch of brow after Botox

If this accidental pinch happened some 72 hours after your injections, most probably you will not have any problems with your Botox. If you think that there might be a problem, please consult with your Botox injector.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pinched Botox

You should have no issues. It is a great question, as we tend to be much more careful in the first 24 hrs. 

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow pinched 3 days after Botox

Thanks for your question. It is very likely the Botox was already absorbed into the target muscles prior to the 72 hour mark.  I think you will be fine. If after the results set in you think anything looks strange, please discuss it with your physician injector. Best of luck to you.

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Touching area where botox is injected

Yes, the botox has already settled into the muscles. Your results will not be altered. I tell my patient's not to manipulate the area we injected for at least 4 hours. No laying down for 4 hours or massaging areas for at least 8 hours. I also recommend that they not exercise that day as well. 

Cheryl Perlis, MD, FACOG
Lake Bluff OB/GYN

Botox treatment

Dear Ms Javra,
you don't need to worry. You are definitely safe.
We recommend not to have intense massages in the area treated like in a facial but small movements like pinching your eyebrow is perfectly fine. 

Best regards

Luca Russo, MD, MSc
London Plastic Surgeon