I had a abdominal hysterectomy last year. Since then have struggled with fat in the tony area? (Photos)

Would I get a good result? Would I be best trying to shift more weight first?

Tummy Tuck Options

Thank you for your question and photos. If you plan to lose more weight it would be advised to do that first, maintain a stable healthy weight for a few months and then plan your surgery as this will allow for optimal results. A full Abdominoplasty with supplementary liposuction is likely a good choice for you. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your concerns and your options.

All the best

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full abdominoplasty.  I would also be sure to address your mons pubis area so that you are not left with excessive fullness there following surgery.  I would also suggest liposuction of the flanks to a complete contouring of the midsection.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes! 

Abdominal fullness following hysterectomy

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. You already have a transverse scar from the hysterectomy and abdominoplasty surgery would only require a slight extension of that incision in the same area. Often times, women will have tummy tuck surgery at the same time as the hysterectomy to reduce risk of anesthesia and minimize recovery and downtime. Good luck with your procedure. 

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!